Another one of our let's-throw-together-random-ingredients-from-the-fridge-and-see-what-transpires sessions, which gave birth to our current go-to vegetarian choice:
4 medium eggplants
4 tofu squares
1 cup button mushrooms
½ cup carrots
½ cup celery
Salt and pepper
1. Slice eggplants in half. Roughly chop tofu, mushrooms, carrots and celery. Boil all the chopped food in salted water for about 10 minutes.
2. Drain the boiled ingredients. Scrape the flesh of the eggplants, but make sure to keep the skin in one piece. Mix the scraped eggplant flesh into the boiled tofu+veges mix.
3. Blitz the mix with a food processor; we like to keep it quite chunky. Once you’ve got the desired texture, season with cumin, cayenne, sesame oil, salt and pepper.
4. In a greased baking dish, line the eggplant skins and proceed to stuff with the tofu mix.
5. Bake for about 40 minutes until the top of the tofu stuffing gets slightly crusty.
If you’ve made way too much stuffing, roll them to form patties, pan-fry with some olive oil, and you’ve got yourself some tofu cakes! =)